Starting a discovery project with a new client is an exciting time. You’re setting the scope of your work, building relationships, and uncovering a vision for a new project. There is a sense of anticipation and excitement as the work gets under way.
Just like anything else, there is a way for these projects to get off course. Visions might conflict. Expectations may be unclear or even unknown by some of the parties involved. And some people miss the opportunity to partake in a discovery project altogether. It’s time we talked about discovery projects, why you should engage in them, and what you can do to make it a positive experience for all concerned.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- What discovery projects are and why this should be a fully-funded part of your work
- The questions you need to ask your clients during this project
- How to facilitate conversations about the vision of the project
- How to strike a balance between being clear and being flexible
- Time constraints
- Apps that can help facilitate communication
If you’re ready to take your discovery projects to the next level, this is one episode you won’t want to miss!
- Liquid Web: https://www.staging.liquidweb.com
- Leading Successful Discovery Sessions: Set the Stage for Client Projects: https://www.shopify.co.uk/partners/blog/discovery-session
- AudioNote App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audionote/id369820957?mt=8
- Rev Voice Recording App: https://www.rev.com/voicerecorder