What is cPanel?cPanel is a server control panel which allows users the ability to access and automate both VPS server and Dedicated server tasks and, provides the tools needed to manage the overall server, their applications, and websites. Some features include the capability to modify php versions, creating individual cPanel accounts, adding FTP users, installing SSL’s, configuring security settings, and installing packages to name a few. cPanel and WHM have a vast range of customizations and configurations that can be completed to further personalize your platform specifically for your needs. It also includes 24/7 support from cPanel as well. Continue reading “Installing cPanel/WHM On CentOS 6 & 7”
IPv4 LocalhostThe IPv4 address for localhost, or the loopback network interface, is 127.0.0.1.
IPv6 LocalhostThe IPv6 address for localhost, or the loopback network interface, is ::1.
- These instructions are intended specifically for solving the error: (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
- I’ll be working from both Liquid Web Core Managed Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and 14.04 LTS servers, and I’ll be logged in as root.
- These instructions are intended specifically for solving the error: /usr/sbin/ifconfig: No such file or directory
- I’ll be working from a Liquid Web Self Managed CentOS 7 server, and I’ll be logged in as root.
IntroductionSNMP, or Simple Network Management Protocol, is widely used to communicate with and monitor network devices, dedicated servers, and more, all via IP. In this case, we’ll be installing an SNMP agent on a CentOS VPS server, which will allow for collection of data from our server, and make the information available to a remote SNMP manager.
- These instructions are intended for installing SNMP and doing a very basic configuration.
- I’ll be working from a Liquid Web Core Managed CentOS 6.5 server, and I’ll be logged in as root.
Load balancing is the distribution of a workload across many nodes. In the web hosting industry, it is typically used for balancing HTTP traffic over multiple servers acting together as a web front-end. For the sake of this article, we will focus on the balancing of HTTP and HTTPS traffic through a Zeus Load Balancer.Continue reading “Understanding Load Balancing for Web Servers”