Copying a table is quick and easy to do within PhpMyAdmin. Whether you are trying to make a backup copy before changes are made, archiving data, moving data to a new site or application, or even just working on restructuring your database, PhpMyAdmin can help you get the job done in just a few clicks.
This guide assumes that you have already logged in to PhpMyAdmin.We will go over how to copy a table and go over a few of the options PhpMyAdmin gives us.Continue reading “Copying a Database Table with PhpMyAdmin”
- Select the file you want to copy. Let’s select testfile.html.
- Click on Copy.
- Please type the file destination, in this case, we will use the “test” folder, then click on Copy File(s). You have successfully copied the file. To check it, either double click on the “folder name” in the right margin, or single click on the “folder name” in the left margin. It’s there. You have successfully copied the file.
- Now let’s Move newtest.html to thepublic_html folder. Select newtest.html, and click Move file.
- Make sure your path is public_html only. Now click on Move file(s).
- Notice that the newtest.html file is gone from this list. To confirm that it has moved to public_html, click it in the left margin. Congratulations, you have successfully moved the file. You can also copy multiple files by simply pressing the control key, selecting them and dragging the files to the destination folder in the right margin. Or you can move a single file by just dragging it to the destination folder in the left margin.