Tip: File permissions are different than user permissions. If you’re looking to change an FTP user’s permissions in Cloud Sites, that can be accomplished in the FTP section of your Cloud Sites control panel.
- Log into the Cloud Sites File Manager.
- From the home page of the file manager, highlight the file you want to edit permissions on by selecting it with your mouse.
- Click on the key icon in the menu at the bottom of the page.
- A pop-up will appear with the permissions options. You can check the appropriate box or enter the octal permissions in the Manual section. Save your changes by clicking OK.
- Now, when you go back to the file manager home page, you will see the permissions changed.