- These instructions are intended specifically for a managed Liquid Web server with cPanel.
- The server should be running cPanel & WHM version 58.0.17, or higher.
- Command line and root level access via SSH will be necessary to follow this tutorial.
Enable Let’s Encrypt Auto SSL ProviderIn order to install the Let’s Encrypt AutoSSL provider plugin you will simply log in to the server as the root user via SSH and execute the following command:
# /scripts/install_lets_encrypt_autossl_providerRunning this will add and install the necessary RPM files in order to support Let’s Encrypt as an AutoSSL provider. The command should yield results similar to the following:
Installed the cpanel-letsencrypt RPM! AutoSSL can now use Let’s Encrypt.
Enable Domains With AutoSSLOnce you log in to WHM for your server.
- Search for “Manage AutoSSL” in the upper left-hand search box.
- Click the “Manage AutoSSL” option from the dropdown list.
- Next select the AutoSSL provider you want to use, for this example we will choose cPanel (Powered by Comodo). If you are interested in a faster process you can run the above steps but with Let’s Encrypt instead of cPanel (Powered by Comodo), which completes in minutes rather than hours.
- Then hit “Save” at the bottom of the page.
- Select the “Manage Users” tab at near the top of the page.
- Select “Enable AutoSSL” to secure your domain(s) with AutoSSL.
- Click “Check (your domain)” for SSL’s on each domain/s.